This is a big year for voting in Durham, as we say goodbye to our mayor of 16 years and welcome a new leader for our rapidly growing and evolving city. As you consider your own hopes for the city and engagement with local politics, we encourage you to explore the following election-related resources:
- Duke Student Affairs has gathered relevant information on voter registration, including information on how to vote in North Carolina or in your home state if it is not North Carolina.
- Rock the Vote provides the election dates and deadlines of other states, as well as information about registration, voter IDs and elections.
- The Durham County Board of Elections provides extensive information about voting and registration, including the early voting schedule, sample ballots and a list of candidates.
- All Duke students are encouraged to use TurboVote, an online application which provides easy-to-follow step-by-step directions through the registration process.
- Engaging with Local Politics: Durham, Voting, and You, September 20, Gilbert-Addoms Down Under
- NC College Voter Summit, September 29, Elon University
If you missed the student-organized Mayoral Candidate Forum, you can read about it in the Duke Chronicle.
The Durham Primary is Tuesday, October 10 and the Durham General Election is Tuesday, November 7.